Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Update #2

Hey everybody,

The eye of the hurricane went over us at about 10:30 last night and we lost power right before that. Power is still out and will be for the next four or five days. Many of the upper floors of my building don't have running water, hoping that doesn't trickle down to our floor.

My roommate and I are mooching off a friend with power so we can charge all our various electronics.
I'm fine and the area I'm in is fine! Can't say the same for most of Manhattan though, it's pretty scary.

line of ambulances last night trying to get into the hospital


part of Queens


Manhattan bridge (all of downtown (right side) is without power)

 Subway station in Brooklyn


Water rushing into the Ground Zero construction site.

LaGuardia airport

Most of these are via www.nytimes.com..... I have my own pictures but I don't want to waste batteries uploading and editing them, so here's a bunch I've collected via the internet.

nytimes also has a really good live update feed. check it out if you can.

I'm a little nervous and frazzled but otherwise very safe. Thanks for all the well wishes.

hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Been keeping up track of you through dad. Can't believe these photos. Makes the Nashville flood look tiny. Love you and be careful!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete