Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Roster

I swear I feel like last Wednesday was two days ago....

But the happies continue!!!

1) Comfort Food:

One of the best parts of my dad and stepmom coming to see me was I got to go grocery shopping. Groceries in NYC are NOT CHEAP AT ALL YA'LL. I feel so bad about how much he spent on me (there and in general) but I have real food and I am so so happy.

tomato basil soup, grilled cheese, and fresh strawberries (((:

2) Halloween Decorating (or nesting as my mother calls it):

It is not a holiday unless there is a damn wreath on the door. My grandmother puts one up for EVERYTHING like, including the fourth of July and St. Patrick's Day. I made this one myself with some stuff my mom sent me.... It's not quite Nashville status, but it makes me smile.


3) Sushi Zen:

Dad, Martha, and I went here before we saw Once.... Hands down the best sushi I have ever had. Everything was incredibly fresh and they weren't stingy at all with the amount of fish in the rolls, which is such a rarity. It was incredible. Thanks Dad!!!!


seaweed salad

Dad's plate: spicy tuna and striped tuna sashimi


hot fudge cake (with gold leaf!) with vanilla bean ice cream
Sushi Zen is on West 44th between 6th and 7th Ave. New Yorkers, take yo parents.

4) Lovelies from My Sister:

I swear to go my sister is Martha Stewart, Giuliana Rancic, and Superwoman all rolled into one. She sent me the sweetest (and cutest) care package ever. If you're in Nashville go pick up Nashville Lifestyle's Wedding's right now!!! If you don't, we aren't friends anymore.

Check out the Nashville Lifestyle's website too!



5) Into the Gloss:






Into the Gloss has quickly become one of my favorite reads. They have this section called the Top Shelf where they interview all kinds of people in the fashion world about their beauty regimen's and preferences. It's so interesting to see how different women approach beauty. My personal favorite interviews were Dita Von Teese, Erin Wasson, Leigh Lezark, and Iris Apfel.

6) Smiles from India:

So, I love this blog, and I love that people are reading it. There are things about the path that I've chosen that are difficult, but all in all I live a very privileged and cushioned life. But there are a lot bigger things going on. While I'm out gallivanting around New York, my dear friend Hannah Dobie is in India trying to make the world better. Instead of having a typical first year out of high school, she has joined up with Operation Smile and is spending the year in India helping hundreds, probably thousands of people, and she's keeping an amazing blog that chronicles her experiences. So for every click you give my blog, please give hers two. It's a lot more important than what lipstick I wore today.


Smiles from India


Hope you're not coming down with a cold like I am....
Happy Wednesday!

hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment