Monday, November 5, 2012

Hurricane Update #3

Hey everybody,
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post, but last week was really overwhelming and once I was finally out of the city with power and internet I just needed a break.....

Power went out this time on Monday last week and came back on Saturday night. My dorm doesn't have heat or hot water but I got a little space heater so I'm doing okay.

Blacked out downtown was pretty scary, so I got out of NYC Thursday morning and stayed with Evan in Charlotte until this morning. It was his birthday on Friday and I was planning on coming anyway as a surprise, so I just went a day early (but the surprise got ruined ) : sorry babe). His brother and best friend came up as well and we had a really great time. It took me a couple days to really calm down.

Classes started back up today and everybody is trying to get back to normal, including this blog!! I have one more hurricane related post coming, but then I'll get back to my normal routine, including a long overdue Roster on Wednesday.

Here's a bunch of random cell phone shots from last week.....

ominous skies on Sunday before Sandy hit

K Mart completely sold out of everything battery powered and useful

a very black downtown.... it stayed like this from Monday until Saturday, everything below about 40th st

Anna on our 75 block, 6 mile trek uptown for a place to charge our laptops and a hot shower. Thanks CJ!!

little boy oogling some destruction on the Upper West Side

a still very scary sky on my way out on Thursday

the best part of the whole entire week


Sandy sucked (and is still sucking in a lot of ways) for me, but it was really just inconveniences. There are thousands of people who's lives were really affected by this and it's hard to see that in your own city. I already made a donation to the Red Cross and I encourage everybody to do the same. Hope everybody is safe, dry, and warm.

hugs from NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment