Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Roster

First real day of classes today!

Here's some things that are currently making me happy:

1) The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop:

I'm not shitting you. This place is incredible. Tallie and I got there around 11:30 and the line was halfway down the block. We both got this incredible thing called "The Salty Pimp" which was a cone with caramel drizzled in it, with a huge pile of soft serve which was swirled with dulce de leche and sea salt, and then the whole thing was dipped in chocolate. I died. Seriously.





The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
On East 7th St., between 1st Ave. and Ave. A

2) Seeing lovely Nashville faces:

On Monday I trekked up to the Upper West Side to see the beautiful Sarah Hanks at Barnard. We got a great deal on some Thai food and it made me feel so incredibly at peace to see a friendly face. Plus, y'all for real, the Upper West Side is gorgeous. I have got to get out of the East Village more often. It was like something out of Gossip Girl. I got out of the subway and it was like the heavens opened.


I also got to see George!!! His talented butt is two blocks down from me at Cooper Union (if you don't know what Cooper Union is, or how hard it is to get in there, look it up. now.) I can't wait to see the art he makes this year.

3) St. John the Divine:

Sarah took me to this church on Monday. It is literally the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It's the fourth largest Christian church IN THE WORLD. It's huge. There's no way to make it tangible without actually seeing it. To learn more, click here








4) The Chick Fil A at Weinstein:

I miss Southern food. So bad. Weinstein is an NYU dorm that happens to house the only Chick Fil A in NYC. THIS IS DANGEROUS.






5) The New Studio on Broadway Faculty:

I'll be writing a whole post on my studio later this week, but I'm already so incredibly happy. Some stand outs are Francesca Harper, my ballet teacher, who has trained with the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater and the Joffrey Ballet (google her to check out her company).

And, Michael McElroy, one of my vocal coaches.

Check out this video of Michael in Rent. I have never had such intense goosebumps. Such a blessing to work with people like this.



Also, thanks to the USN Alumni office for the Tennyc shout out in the newsletter!

Happy Wednesday from New York everybody.




No comments:

Post a Comment