Monday, September 3, 2012

Dig It (a bit more)

So as promised, here are some more extensive shots of my dorm room! 

I wanted my little corner to be a union of the most important things to me: art, style, comfort, and a little Southern pride. I can't perform well, study well, or live well in a space that is thrown together. It makes me so happy to crawl in my little corner and love everything immediately around me. It's the centimeter of New York that's all mine. The Nashville Ballet poster and vintage Tennessee map are definitely my two favorite pieces, but my bed definitely takes the cake. It's got an egg crate, a featherbed, and a mattress pad. It's literally a foot of fluff and it's so hard to get out of in the morning. 

{i have a lot of shit ya'll. a lot of shit}

{the far left side of my desk serves as a miniscule vanity. sadly, my mirror cracked on the way over ):}

{it's important to me to enjoy looking at the space i live in, no matter how small. little vignettes like this one make a big difference}

{lots of acting books and plays, plus my favorites from home}

{fabric shelves that my dad cleverly fixed to the wall hold my favorite cast picture and pointe shoes as well as scarves, cosmetics, and other knick knacks above and below}

{my sister gave me this pendant light at least seven years ago. it finally found the perfect home!}

{one of my favorite pictures of my grandparents hangs above my bed}
Bedding- West Elm, Follies print and TN map- Amazon, NB poster- gifted, everything else- mainly Target or hand me downs from my sister

3 comments:

  1. Your room turned out beautifully! So fun chit-chatting last night. Love hearing about all your adventures. Honey Mama kept saying over and over again last night how much she misses you. I concur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby....it's so YOU! And it's magazine worthy! All college dorm spaces could look this way with the right thought and attention to what's meaningful to the inhabitant! Hmmmm.....summer job/business potential? Dorm room design for the creatively challenged and soon-to-be-so-homesick college freshmen. I'm so proud of you...and so happy for you. Love, -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cool. I envy the beauty that you have in and around you. Your beautiful room made me want to clean my car. That is weird, I know, but I think it's more manageable than the house. :)

    ReplyDelete