Friday, December 14, 2012

Perspective

I heard about the shooting in Connecticut today just as I was walking out of my last final of my first semester of college. The poignancy of timing isn't lost on me: just as I completed my first big hurdle of higher education, 20 little ones lost their chance to ever be where I am. When I think about all the children that have touched my life, especially with my first nephew on the way, it makes me shudder.

My heart goes out to all of the grieving families of Sandy Hook Elementary.


In the words of Judy Shepard, who also lost a son too soon: "Go home and hug your kids and don't let a day go by without telling them that you love them."

Photos Courtesy of: http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy-hook-elementary-shooting-newtown-connecticut-2012-12

No comments:

Post a Comment