Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break Highlights- Charlotte Edition

Sorry for the long absence! I tried to unplug as much as possible over Spring Break and I needed it. So bad.

I spent the latter half of break in Charlotte with my man and we did a variety of fun things:


We went on a walk/hike through a really pretty nature preserve. For such a simple trail I was embarrassingly out of breath by the end. 


We thought this road name was REALLY funny. But then we instagrammed it and nobody else seemed to agree so I don't know what that says about us. 



We made the best Jack Daniels chocolate milkshakes ever. I wish I had a precise recipe for you, but we just kind of threw in stuff until it looked and tasted right. And boyyy did it ever.




 We also made a side trip to see my grandmother about an hour away in Albemarle. She's a music teacher and I thoroughly ravaged her librettos, several of which were first editions. Evan was not entertained by my musical theater nerdiness.

On the way out we stopped at one of the huge cotton fields that surround her house and messed around. Hadn't done that since I was about nine years old.




SPRING BREAK I WANT YOU BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment