Friday, March 8, 2013

I Can Die Happy

So, small perks of being bed ridden: catching up on tv, ample line learning time, and I can catch up on blogging!

Last weekend, Evan, his mom, and I went to see Phantom of the Opera. It's always been a special show to me: my mom found out she was pregnant with me when she and my dad were in New York just a few hours before they saw the show, it was the first musical I ever saw, and I saw in New York for the first time on my 13th birthday with my mom.

This time was no exception on the special meter. Phantom has been celebrating it's 25th anniversary on Broadway with Sierra Boggess as Christine. I didn't even realize it, but that Saturday night was her last show and we were fifth row. She was absolutely incredible. I'm generally reallllllly picky about Christines and I loved everything about her. Sobbed through "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". Sobbed.

This is a sampling of Sierra at the Brit Awards. Even better in person.

But even better, my voice teacher, Patricia Phillips, played Carlotta in Phantom for about five years collectively and sang in the big anniversary show a couple months ago. So being the diva mentor that she is, she got me backstage to meet Hugh Panaro, who played Phantom. He was the sweetest man ever and gave me career advice and I was a total fan girl.

After that, his dresser, Andrew, who had been showing us around, walked me out on the stage which is now hands down one of the most surreal moments of my life. I'm generally a composed person, but I started crying and shaking and absolutely freaking out. So now, I can add Phantom as the FIRST Broadway stage I've ever stepped on. Hopefully next time I'll be in the show!!

I was so overwhelmed the whole time I didn't even take pictures! Sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment