Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Roster

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I'm sorry I'm not in Tennessee to bake you a big, beautiful cake. 

Believe it or not I had like four more food things I could put on the list today. I guess it was just that kind of week.

1) St. Mazie:

This has become one of my favorite places in Williamsburg. From the outside it looks like nothing and then inside it's like something out of 1920's Paris, which my obnoxious hipster self obviously loves.



2) Belmont Naming Things:

So, my grandfather was the president of the board at Belmont for a really long time and they named a dorm after him/our family. It's called Horrell Hall and it's an all girl freshman dorm... Feel free to infer.


3) S'mac:

Custom mac n' cheese that comes in a big skillet. I rest my case.

mine had gouda, bacon, bread crumbs and idk what else.


 4) Cafe Orlin:

Arguably the best brunch I've had since moving here. Total hole in the wall on St. Marks and it was incredible. And much more affordable than most places. What a winner.

pumpkin pancakes
5) Coats that look like sleeping bags:

It's ten degrees right now, but the wind chill makes it feel like -2. So yesterdays 19 degrees was nothing. It's gotten cold in Tennessee, but you get to drive your car and you're barely in the actual cold for that long. Needless to say, I was not ready for this kind of cold. I've pretty much abandoned any attempt at being stylish in exchange for layers upon layers of insulation.

{Anthropologie sweater, UO jeans, American Apparel scarf, Frye boots, North Face giant parka}

6) And here's some important things we all learned last year, according to the internet. I tend to agree with them all.

Stay warm y'all!
hugs.



1 comment:

  1. Only a really thoughtful daughter would take blog space to shout out "Happy Birthday" to mom! ...AND mention the unmade birthday cake which I am happy to look forward to at a later date as a consolation prize! Y'all, she bakes like the best of bakers! Can't wait... I love you, Abby! -M

    ReplyDelete