Thursday, October 24, 2013

Easy Does It

I posted a picture of my breakfast on Instagram yesterday not thinking anything about it. But I got a lot of comments from friends saying, "How do you have time to do that?" (we have studio at 9 am three days a week), "I can't afford that". But it was so easy! And literally took 5 minutes to make. For the past year I have blatantly defied most of the dorm living stereotypes, it doesn't work for me. I am a girl who likes quality and who likes her stuff. So I want to share easy ways to make living in your dorm a little more luxurious. Given, I've always lived in a dorm that has a kitchen, which helps.


Salmon Sunny Side Up:

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 piece multi-grain bread
1 small package smoked salmon
goat cheese
black pepper
small splash of olive oil

Steps:
1) Heat the splash of oil in your frying pan, while it's heating put your bread in the toaster
2) Crack egg in the pan, heat on only one side until the egg white is pretty firm (aka sunny side up)
3) While everything is cooking, un-wrap goat cheese and salmon
4) Put your toast on the plate, your egg on the toast (you don't need to butter it, the oil does that for you)
5) Using a fork, scrap goat cheese and flakes of salmon on top.
6) Sprinkle with black pepper.
7) Enjoy!

How easy is that! The only thing that can be a little expensive is the smoked salmon. It can be between $8-$10 depending on what kind and where you buy. But when I get it I just don't buy something else I usually get that week. 

Try it and let me know what you think!
And if y'all would be interested in more easy college living improvement ideas, let me know. I'm thinking about making it a series.



No comments:

Post a Comment