Friday, November 22, 2013

Easy Does It

One of my favorite foods in the entire world is Chinese fried rice. You know exactly what I'm talking about. I particularly like mine soaked in soy sauce. It is just really nutritious.

The other night, I attempted a healthy version! And it wasn't a failure! Best part, it was basically idiot proof, involved no measuring, and was cheap.


Ingredients:
-2 Eggs
-1 packet Uncle Bens Ready Rice (I used the multi grain), but any brown rice will do
-a handful of frozen broccoli
-soy sauce

Instructions:
1) heat a little butter or olive oil in skillet on medium heat
2) spread handful of frozen broccoli around the pan
3) cook it almost all the way, turning occasionally (this will take a bit since it's frozen. I usually use this time to attempt to tame the vicious pile of dishes in my sink)
4) Add your rice, if it's pre- cooked (ala Uncle Ben's) just stir it around and warm it, if it's frozen, cook it most of the way through
5) crack eggs on top of everything
6) stir and flip while ignoring how weird it looks in the uncooked egg stage
7) once the consistency is no longer a gooey mess and pieces of egg are white and yellow, you're done!
8) give a generous pour of soy sauce if you have a sodium problem like me

You could easily add anything to this, chicken, tofu, carrots, sprouts, whatever. This is just what I had in my freezer.

Best served hot with a healthy dose of J. Law.


No comments:

Post a Comment